CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday 17 September 2008

Hi Karen I am back and almost ready to go lol. I am currently reading yet another Lesley Pearse book entitled Trust Me. Set in the 1940s it deals with the lives of 2 sisters whose father is imprisoned for murdering their mother. Although he is innocent the sisters go to live with their granny who is too old and infirm to look after them. Sent to an orphanage run by nuns their lives take a disturbing change for the worse and when the eldest sister is offered to go to Australia a land of great opportunity sold to her by the nuns she thinks it will be a change for the better. She is put to work on a farm in the outback where life is even harsher for her. I am about half way through and must say I am really enjoying it. Is this the sort of thing i should be saying ,do you think.Barb

2 comments:

Stitchabilities said...

Lesley Pearce is one of my favourites, I love that she can transport you into her books and you can be so asborbed by the story,A truly wonderful story teller.

Julie said...

Sounds a nice book, i've never read a Lesley Pearce book. Another author to add to the ever growing list LOL