CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday 27 October 2009

The Last Gospel - David Gibbins



WHAT IF - one of the Ancient World's greatest libraries was buried in volcanic ash and the rediscovered two thousand years later?

WHAT IF - what was found there was a document that could shatter the very foundations of the western world?

WHAT IF - you were the one who discovered this secret? And were then forced to confront terrifying enemies determined to destroy you to ensure it goes no further?

David Gibbins' electrifying new novel is the story of one last gospel, left behind in the age of the New Testament, and of its extraordinary secret, one that has lain concealed for years. Follow Jack Howard, man of action and the greatest archaeologist of his day, as he unearths the mystery - and must prevent others from doing the same...

After reading his first book (Atlantis) I was glad to get my hands on what has turned out to be the third novel in his series of books about Jack Howard. I thought I'd be OK to read them out of sequence - wrong! These need to be read in order, as there are vital plot themes that unfold in one book that lead on to subsequent details in the next book....... so I urgently need to read Crusader Gold to grasp some of the references in this book.

Otherwise it was an interesting action read that's based on some historical facts and characters. Definitely gets you thinking along that WHAT IF line. Though I couldn't help being slightly disappointed - this one didn't grab me and keep me as totally interested as his first book........ nevertheless, I'd still go out of my way to read the next one.

Registering this with Book Crossing and it's up for grabs if anyone wants it...... along with Atlantis too. :0)

3 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds very interesting, having not read the others i'll pass on this one.

Barb said...

Karan DH has read all David Gibbons and at the moment has lent them to Jack DG but if you still want Crusader Gold when we get them back I will send it on. Let me know Barb

Karan said...

Thanks for the offer Barb. I may have it already - need to check but have boxes & bags stored all over the place at the minute so it'll be a while before I can look. Thanks. :0)